Once we know when we can take to the netball court again, our 2020/21 season will hold training at the following times:
Saturday: Training at Clapham Common Netball Courts, Rookery Road, SW4 9DD (by the skateboard park). Netballers should arrive through the gate that is by the roadside NOT crossing the grass area of the Common and depart by the same gate that leads to the roadside.
9.30am – 10.30am – GU8
10.30am – 11.30am – GU9
11.30am – 12.30pm – GU10
Monday: Training at Battersea Ironsides, Openview, SW18 0AW
6.15pm to 7.30pm – GU13
7.30pm to 8.45pm – GU14
Tuesday: Training at Battersea Ironsides, Openview, SW18 0AW
6.15pm to 7.30pm – GU15 & 16’s
Thursday: Training at Battersea Ironsides, Openview, SW18 0AW
6.15pm to 7.30pm – GU11
7.30pm to 8.45pm – GU12
All training will take place at the locations stated above.
Players are expected to arrive at training promptly in order to participate in the warm up and be ready to take to the court when their session starts.
Cover – 19 Guidance
Please bear with us as this is new to all this season, we hope within a short time that our sessions will run smoothly and ask for your patience and support as we navigate our new normal!
Netball protocols remain as follows:
- Spencer NC Kit to be worn. If you are new and don’t have this yet, please wear casual gym/training clothing. School PE kit is not allowed. This kit should be clean at each session, and not something that you have worn all day.
- Trainers on with shoelaces tied.
- Hair tied up so that it is off the face.
- Short nails (you shouldn’t be able to see these over the top of your fingers if you hold your palms up at eye level).
- No Chewing Gum or eating is allowed on court or court run-off area.
- Named Water Bottle (any lost property will be disposed of at the end of each session, so please ensure your player takes a look before leaving the courts).
- Each Netballer should bring Hand Sanitiser with them please, we have a club sanitiser, however it will be faster for them to arrive on court & start training if they can supply and use their own at each session.
NB: Please bring as few items as possible to reduce the risk of germ transference.
For older age groups, if you would like your daughter to walk home, then the appropriate waiver must be completed and provided in advance of the first session to your AGM.
Travel to the venue – ideally walk, cycle, private car, however if you are arriving with others, please ensure face masks are worn if you are unable to socially distance and on arrival at the courts, placed in a clean plastic bag in your pocket.
Registration Desk & Hand Sanitising
At Battersea Ironsides, stand in the car park by the ‘REGISTRATION’ sign that we will have in place.
At Clapham Common, there is a 1 way system in place, Netballers are asked to
arrive and depart through the gate that leads to the roadside NOT the grassed area of the Common
There will be a session before and after all Saturday sessions, and with up to 60 children in the area at the start / end times, we will have to be very structured around this and ask for your support and understanding.
Hand Sanitiser stations will be set up OUTSIDE the courts, our Coaches will be on court, and will start training children as soon as they have sanitised their hands and walk through the gates. AGM’s and parents will need to ensure children are lined up in an organised manner to register and sanitise their hands.
- Water bottles must not be shared.
- Training is a 1-1.15 hour session, we will therefore not break for a snack, so snacks (for younger age groups) should not be consumed, and players should eat before or after their session.
- Usually we encourage parents to stay however if you decide to, then please observe social distancing and stay outside of the court area.
A Covid declaration form has to be completed for each netballer in advance of them attending training. Your AGM will provide that link to you. If it is not completed, then your netballer will be unable to enter the courts for training.
If you have any symptoms, please do not attend training. If we have a confirmed Covid-19 case, we will implement our Covid-19 action plan, which can include self-isolation of our players and Coaches (as all netballers, Coaches and their families lead busy lives, do not attend training if you have symptoms).
Our Coaches will clean the balls with sanitiser between sessions, or use a second set. They will also ensure clean bibs are used for each session to reduce the risk of cross contamination.